I would hate to be:
- Harvey Korman playing opposite Tim Conway;
- Bud Abbott playing opposite Lou Costello;
- Dean Martin playing opposite Jerry Lewis;
- Kelsey Grammer playing opposite David Hyde Pierce;
- Jerry Seinfeld playing opposite Michael Richards;
- Johnny Galecki playing opposite Jim Parsons; or
- Anybody playing opposite Bob Newhart.
I would never be able to keep a straight face. Dean Martin gives it a whirl in this old skit from 1965, and he fails miserably. Bob Newhart is just too much for him. That’s part of the fun of it. I dare you to watch it and try not to laugh.
As another weekend approaches in this crazy year called 2020, try to enjoy the intoxicating beauty of fall. As George Eliot once said, “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird, I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns.”